loveatfirstwrite

Love at First Write

A blog for honest book reviews centered mostly on YA/Fantasy.

The Scarlet Letter
Nathaniel Hawthorne
A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
Blackbringer
Laini Taylor
Attila: The Gathering of the Storm (Attila Trilogy 2)
William Napier
The Host
Stephenie Meyer
Switch Girl!!, Tome 2
Natsumi Aida
The Undying God
Nathan R. Wilson
The Riddle of Prague (The QuickSilver Legacy Series)
Laura DeBruce
Alexa Stone and the Lake of Fire
Megan Boudreau
The Harvard Classics: Stories from The Thousand and One Nights: The Arabian Nights' Entertainments, with Introduction and Notes
Stanley Lane-Poole, Edward William Lane, Charles W. Eliot

A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire #2)

A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire #2) - This book was sooooo muth better than book 1! No offense to them, but Ned Stark and Robert Baratheon weren't as interesting as old men- though the story of taking the seven kingdoms would probably be quite entertaining. The youth in this book made it much better. Arya traveling with males going to the wall was awesome and she grew increasingly more badass throughout the book. A lot of this book consisted of intense plot twists, always keeping the reader on their toes. Basically, anyone can die at any given moment- even main characters. What I really enjoyed was Jon's point of view on/past the wall, and Daenerys PoV from her adventures with her dragons across the sea. I love that the book didn't end in a huge cliffhanger, because the point of view switches throughout the books are suspenseful enough. I gets into the one character and what they're doing, and then BAM I'm somewhere else and i have to recall who all of those people are and what their situation is. That's one more thing that I don't like- all of the different houses and names, it's hard to keep track of who is who. Though that's just me being REALLY picky haha. One last thing I guess, Sansa was a point of view, again, in this book and in Game of Thrones I HATED her character, but she was actually kind of enjoyable this time. All in all, a GREAT BOOK and i'm looking forward to reading book 3, A Storm of Swords!