loveatfirstwrite

Love at First Write

A blog for honest book reviews centered mostly on YA/Fantasy.

The Scarlet Letter
Nathaniel Hawthorne
A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
Blackbringer
Laini Taylor
Attila: The Gathering of the Storm (Attila Trilogy 2)
William Napier
The Host
Stephenie Meyer
Switch Girl!!, Tome 2
Natsumi Aida
The Undying God
Nathan R. Wilson
The Riddle of Prague (The QuickSilver Legacy Series)
Laura DeBruce
Alexa Stone and the Lake of Fire
Megan Boudreau
The Harvard Classics: Stories from The Thousand and One Nights: The Arabian Nights' Entertainments, with Introduction and Notes
Stanley Lane-Poole, Edward William Lane, Charles W. Eliot

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide, #1)

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide, #1) - Douglas Adams Before I get into this review, I have something super important to tell everyone! Th Answer to the Great Question of Life, the Universe and Everything is.... 42! No joke that is seriously the answer. How does the answer make sense? We'll you'll just have to read the book and find out! Just kidding you don't find out in this book :/ I'm hoping that it'll explain itself as the series continues though :DNikki, this book seem right up your alley. Why doesn't it have 5 stars? Well because to me the book was kind if pointless. It was good. Just pointless. There doesn't seem to be a major issue, there wasn't really any climax and without a major issue there wasn't really an ending either. They were like hey wanna stop by the restaurant and the end of the universe for a bite to eat? By then Arthur Dent is sort if getting used to the whole weird alien stuff and is just like sure I'm a bit peckish.The book itself was quite funny and put things in a different light. It made me think of things in in ways I never would've with out the book. (Wether that's a good or a bad think I'm not too sure haha) If the sequels give this book meaning then I might recommend this series to others. It was talked about very highly by a couple friends of mine but so far I can't really understand where that praise is coming from.