loveatfirstwrite

Love at First Write

A blog for honest book reviews centered mostly on YA/Fantasy.

The Scarlet Letter
Nathaniel Hawthorne
A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
Blackbringer
Laini Taylor
Attila: The Gathering of the Storm (Attila Trilogy 2)
William Napier
The Host
Stephenie Meyer
Switch Girl!!, Tome 2
Natsumi Aida
The Undying God
Nathan R. Wilson
The Riddle of Prague (The QuickSilver Legacy Series)
Laura DeBruce
Alexa Stone and the Lake of Fire
Megan Boudreau
The Harvard Classics: Stories from The Thousand and One Nights: The Arabian Nights' Entertainments, with Introduction and Notes
Stanley Lane-Poole, Edward William Lane, Charles W. Eliot

The Golem's Eye (Bartimaeus Series #2)

The Golem's Eye (Bartimaeus Series #2) - Jonathan Stroud I enjoyed this book just as much as THE AMULET OF SAMARKAND. It had a desirable pace, intriguing detail and characters, but above all it had Bartimaeus's witty remarks. When starting this book I was a little wary, "how would the sequel compare to the first book?" normally I'm a bit disappointed with sequels but THE GOLEM'S EYE was just as good as THE AMULET OF SAMARKAND and I look forward to reading the third installment.In the first book Nat has a little insignificant run-in with Kitty, Stanley, and Fred, who steal a certain something that was important to 12-year-old Nathaniel. Well now it's 2 years later and Nat works for Internal Affairs. What does he do there? He's in charge of bringing down the Resistance, a group of commoner's who disrupt the gov by stealing magical items and use them against magicians. What's so special about that? Everyone in the Resistance has Resilience (that is the Magicians magic doesn't have much effect on them)