loveatfirstwrite

Love at First Write

A blog for honest book reviews centered mostly on YA/Fantasy.

The Scarlet Letter
Nathaniel Hawthorne
A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
Blackbringer
Laini Taylor
Attila: The Gathering of the Storm (Attila Trilogy 2)
William Napier
The Host
Stephenie Meyer
Switch Girl!!, Tome 2
Natsumi Aida
The Undying God
Nathan R. Wilson
The Riddle of Prague (The QuickSilver Legacy Series)
Laura DeBruce
Alexa Stone and the Lake of Fire
Megan Boudreau
The Harvard Classics: Stories from The Thousand and One Nights: The Arabian Nights' Entertainments, with Introduction and Notes
Stanley Lane-Poole, Edward William Lane, Charles W. Eliot

Insurgent (Divergent Series #2)

Insurgent (Divergent Series #2) - It was a pretty good book though not even close to the caliber my favorites. I liked Peter in this book and Uriah is STILL my favorite character. The ending was predictable in my opinion though that's ok because the author left it as a cliff hanger which I HATE only because I can't read the next book right away! I don't really like Tris to much though... She always feels so independent but when it actually counts other people have to save her sorry butt. However, I DO love that she stands up for why she believes is right even if it's against the ones she loves. Another thing I Loved was the Humor throughout the book it makes the whole book a bit more relatable. The fact that they have things in their mind that they needed to be distracted from even for just a little while. It makes them seem more human and not just brainwashed killing machines.