loveatfirstwrite

Love at First Write

A blog for honest book reviews centered mostly on YA/Fantasy.

The Scarlet Letter
Nathaniel Hawthorne
A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
Blackbringer
Laini Taylor
Attila: The Gathering of the Storm (Attila Trilogy 2)
William Napier
The Host
Stephenie Meyer
Switch Girl!!, Tome 2
Natsumi Aida
The Undying God
Nathan R. Wilson
The Riddle of Prague (The QuickSilver Legacy Series)
Laura DeBruce
Alexa Stone and the Lake of Fire
Megan Boudreau
The Harvard Classics: Stories from The Thousand and One Nights: The Arabian Nights' Entertainments, with Introduction and Notes
Stanley Lane-Poole, Edward William Lane, Charles W. Eliot

Ethan Frome

Ethan Frome - Edith Wharton What I think at page 49:When I first picked up this book I thought it would be kind of like to kill a mockingbird where Jem and Scout were discovering about the mysterious Boo and he turned out to be a nice guy. Boy was I wrong. 10 pages in it switches from the new guys perspective to Young Ethan Frome's perspective. He loves his ill wife's cousin! He was HAPPY his wife left town to go see a doctor because then he could be alone with Mattie! Ethan disgusts me. Zeens being sick means that she needs him more, yet all he can concentrate on is Mattia and finishing everything else so that he has more time with her.Can't be with the one you love because of a nasty ill wife? Clearly the solution is to kill yourself and the girl so that you'll never have to separate! Except when that fails you'll need to have your sickly wife take care of you both. This was such a pointless book. How is this a 'masterpiece'?!? Man falls in love even though he's already MARRIED, girl loves him back, they fail an attempted suicide, ill wife takes care of the both. What kind of story is that?!?