loveatfirstwrite

Love at First Write

A blog for honest book reviews centered mostly on YA/Fantasy.

The Scarlet Letter
Nathaniel Hawthorne
A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
Blackbringer
Laini Taylor
Attila: The Gathering of the Storm (Attila Trilogy 2)
William Napier
The Host
Stephenie Meyer
Switch Girl!!, Tome 2
Natsumi Aida
The Undying God
Nathan R. Wilson
The Riddle of Prague (The QuickSilver Legacy Series)
Laura DeBruce
Alexa Stone and the Lake of Fire
Megan Boudreau
The Harvard Classics: Stories from The Thousand and One Nights: The Arabian Nights' Entertainments, with Introduction and Notes
Stanley Lane-Poole, Edward William Lane, Charles W. Eliot

Tail of the Moon: v. 1 (Tail of the Moon)

Tail of the Moon, Volume 1 - Rinko Ueda When I first picked up the first 3 volumes I wasn't expecting much,to me it looked like every other girly manga I've ever seen as ne'er read. I mean SERIOUSLY a romantic ninja adventure?!? You've GOT to be kidding me :| It was so super cute I absolutely loved it!!!! ^.^Usagi is this hopeless ninja clan who's been sent to marry and bear Hanzo a child. The thing is, Hanzo just eats to be left alone. As soon as Usagi sees him she's smitten and falls head over heels for him but he seems unattainable. Hanzo is an Elite ninja and she's a lazy clutz who can't even qualify to be a ninja. He's in love with a ninja Princess (who's deeply in love with Hanzuo, A relative of Hanzo) Oh and to top it all off Usagi has an adorable sidekick named Mamezo. Mamezo is a little kid who's terrified of dogs and has a pet piglet that Usagi caught for him. He wears a good luck rabbit tail on his bum so that he can run fast (princess has one too)So what's the point of all of this? Well Hanzo has agreed to let Usagi live in his house and train to qualify as a ninja within the year. If she fails she'll be sent back to her village. So what's stopping her? Well she's a terrible ninja, Goemon, her ex-fiancé, wants her to marry him now but she won't, and she's an amazing herbalist that everyone wants to help them.As everyone's relationships grow and the character development flourishes it really becomes a cute ninja romantic adventure and I love it! I don't think it could compare to Fairy Tail or any really popular manga but Tail of a Moon is great in it's own special way and you'll just have to read it to know what I'm talking about!