loveatfirstwrite

Love at First Write

A blog for honest book reviews centered mostly on YA/Fantasy.

The Scarlet Letter
Nathaniel Hawthorne
A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
Blackbringer
Laini Taylor
Attila: The Gathering of the Storm (Attila Trilogy 2)
William Napier
The Host
Stephenie Meyer
Switch Girl!!, Tome 2
Natsumi Aida
The Undying God
Nathan R. Wilson
The Riddle of Prague (The QuickSilver Legacy Series)
Laura DeBruce
Alexa Stone and the Lake of Fire
Megan Boudreau
The Harvard Classics: Stories from The Thousand and One Nights: The Arabian Nights' Entertainments, with Introduction and Notes
Stanley Lane-Poole, Edward William Lane, Charles W. Eliot

Red Glove (Curse Workers)

Red Glove - Holly Black Throughout the whole book I was completely captivated. What would happen next? Lila was worked, Phillip was murdered, the Fed's want Cassel! This book was a total page-turner and I absolutely loved it! So why does it only get four stars? Because of Lila and Cassel's relationship, by the last page I felt empty inside. Lila is mobster royalty and Cassel works for the Fed's now. Lila hates him. There is nothing he could ever say to fix their relationship and they both know it. The books ends and it's over! I thought the plot of the story was very interesting with no boring slow parts. In the beginning, Phillip is murdered and the Fed's have footage of a mysterious woman with red gloves. Who is this woman and what reason did she have for killing Cassel's older brother? Personal reasons? Or maybe a hired killer? The Fed's want Cassel to solve a bunch of murders all while Cassel has to deal with the Zacharov's, family issues, school, friends, HEX, and of course destroying the evidence all while trying to uncover his past that Barron made him forget. There was action, romance, and a touch of hilarity that never seems to leave Cassel's side. That, along with his 2 trusty friends, made this book a must-read for any book lover!